Installation Procedure, Benefits, and Precautions of Dental Veneers Treatment
Dental Veneers are thin coverings made of porcelain or composite that are placed on the front surface of your teeth.
The following are a few reasons why you need them:
- To hide permanent stains
- To alter the shape of your tooth
- To fill in missing gaps
- To protect a chipped tooth
- To rebrand your smile a new
Dental Veneers are highly customized to ensure they fit perfectly on your teeth. It is not a must you do the whole set at once. A procedure for one tooth is still possible and will be done at your request.
When your enamel wears out because of genetic predisposition or age, permanent stains can be formed. If you want to restore your teeth’s natural look, getting dental veneers is the way.
Every living thing is subjected to wear and tear as time passes by. This weakens the teeth, making them prone to cracks or uneven appearance. However, these dental flaws can be fixed by fitting veneers. It is designed to cover up chips and cracks. More so, it prevents the cracks from getting worse.
Missing gaps are often caused by genetics or teeth misalignment and can take specialists years to fix. With veneers, the gaps are covered in a matter of hours.
Dentists in Scarborough,recommend taking a good look at your specialist’s previous work before booking an appointment.Getting veneers is a serious procedure that should be handled by a qualified professional. Wrong placement or other errors may need their removal, which is a more complicated process.
Dental veneers will strengthen your teeth by acting as a coat of protection.Visit My Dentist @ Middlefield and get your veneers in Scarborough, ON, Canada.
Dental Veneers Installation Procedure
- Diagnosis. The first step is to go to your dentist and explain what it is you want to achieve. Afterward, your teeth will be examined to determine if veneers are fit for you.
- Preparation. After reshaping your tooth’s surface, the health practitioner will administer anesthesia and then proceed to make impressions of your teeth. The analysis is sent to the dental laboratory where your veneers are constructed. This can take up to four weeks.
- Bonding. After confirming that your veneers fit perfectly, your teeth are cleaned and polished. It is then etched to strengthen the bonds, and a special type of cement is applied to the veneers before they are placed on your tooth’s surface. The cement is then hardened by a beam of light.
The Merits of Dental Veneers
- Durable – Porcelain veneers are known to be strong and long-lasting. To keep you smiling, they are made of compounds resistant to cracks. Under proper care, they can last for more than ten years unlike composite veneers which have a maximum life span of seven years
- Stain-resistant – Porcelain ceramic does not develop stains brought about by cigarettes, coffee, tea, and carbonated drinks.
- Time-efficient – A lot of teeth-enhancing dental procedures are costly and require frequent visits to the dentist. This wastes both your time and money. However, with veneers,this is not the case. In just two appointments, you can have your veneers placed securely on your teeth.
- Quick recovery period – Your veneers are suitable for use immediately after installation is completed.
Maintaining good oral hygiene protects and cleans your veneer teeth. It also lowers your chances of getting gum disease. Here is how to do it:
- Ensure you brush your teeth twice to thrice a day
- Remember to floss before going to bed
When flossing, use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Non-Abrasive toothpaste should be applied.Also, go to your dentist for regular check-ups as this makes it easy to spot any developing problems.
Safety Precautions to Follow:
- Protect your teeth by wearing a mouthguard when participating in aggressive sports
- Do not use your teeth for purposes other than what they are made for
- If possible, chew food using your molars and premolars.
- Do not chew on hard solid objects
Problems Linked to Dental Veneers
- Getting dental veneers is costly. The costs are recurrent because they need replacements after every 10-15 years
- Frequent replacement procedures
- Once cemented, it is difficult to pull them out
- Veneers treatment is not the best option in a case of severely damaged teeth
- They strengthen your teeth
- Veneers are reliable and last for years